The Diploma in Health Information Management is a progressive and prestigious qualification developed by Botho University for those individuals who are passionate about facilitating the delivery of world-class healthcare services to all stakeholders through the acquisition, recording, storage, retrieval and analysis of healthcare data. Students will be exposed to key aspects of health information management such as disease coding, medical transcription, health information systems to name a few. Possessing this qualification will make you an effective team member of multidisciplinary healthcare teams anywhere in the world.
What we offer
As a student of Diploma in Health Information Management you will:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instills not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage on opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- Graduate with an internationally recognized qualification from Botho University that will see you become a qualified and competitive professional in your respective industry.
Who is this course for?
Our Diploma course is a great fit if you’re:
- Interested in working in a hospital or clinical setting, or a physician’s office.
- In possession of good research, data collection and analytical talents.
- In display of great creative, critical, logical and analytical thinking skills.
- Health Data & Information Management Officer
- Medical Informatician
- Data Quality Manager & Researcher
- Public Health Information Officer
- Inpatient and Outpatient HIM Coder & Coding Educator
- HIM Analyst/Coder